Growing up is hard to do and if you ask any adult, they’ll admit that life wasn’t always carefree in their youth. More likely than not, their teenage years were a challenge. Adolescence is a time when insecurity may be at its peak and to make things worse, your peers can be an insensitive bunch. But more likely than not, you are your own worst critic. When you look into a mirror, you may not like what you see, especially when you compare yourself to others. It is through these challenging times that you tend to forget to “love yourself.”
When you stop loving yourself, you are more likely to blame yourself for things that don’t go well in your life, no matter how small. And when your problems become the focus of your life, you will feel like a failure, and you will love yourself even less. Once you’ve entered into this vicious cycle, it is hard to get out of it, and it could lead to anxiety and depression.
A sense of happiness
One of the most important keys to making the Law of Attraction work for you is self love. We’re not talking about narcissism and conceit, where you think you’re the better than everyone else. We are referring to a sense of happiness and contentment with who you are right now, even if there are things that you’d like to improve upon. Nurturing a healthy, happy and loving relationship with yourself is crucial to your overall wellbeing, as well as your relationships with others.
But on a different level, when you don’t love yourself, the law of attraction takes note of this. You are telling the universe that you aren’t deserving of the things you want most in your life. Whatever vibe you emanate, the universe will give you more of it. So when you love yourself, the universe will align to your energy and the law of attraction will help you to get what you want.
Steps to loving yourself
You should know that the power to create, manifest and live the life of your dreams is in no one else’s hands, but your own. There are many steps you can take to cultivate a loving relationship with yourself, such as:
- Shift your focus – Instead of focusing on the things that you dislike about yourself, learn to look for things that you do like.
- Get to know yourself – To get to know yourself, develop your interests, try new things and care for yourself. Pay attention to what your mind, body and spirit are telling you.
- Accept, forgive and be kind to yourself – No matter what happens, don’t be too hard on yourself. It is ok to make mistakes and learn from them. By being kind to yourself, you will learn what experiences you want or don’t want to have in your life.
- Do things that you love – Pay attention to the activities that you enjoy doing. When you do what you love, you feel free and fulfilled. Always take some time out of your day to nurture your interest and to find new ones.
- Open yourself to personal growth – A crucial part of self-love is personal growth. If you’re not good at something, you can always get better at it with practice and effort. And even when you’re really good at something, there is always room for improvement. So open your heart and mind, and actively seek out new discoveries and experiences.
If you find that you need more help in learning to love yourself, and to tap into the Law of Attraction, it is best to work with a certified coach. To find out how our coaches can help you, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!